|By goGreen | July 26, 2012|
3 mugs root crop flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 mugs mashed sweet potato
6 level tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon margarine
For firm ingredients you might want to use the INPhO weight calculator. For liquid ingredients the volume table could be useful.
Rolling pin (or empty glass bottle)
- Wash, peel and boil the sweet potato tubers until cooked.
- Drain the cooked tubers and mash.
- Measure out 2 mugs of mashed potato.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Mix the mashed potato, sugar and margarine together.
- Add flour to the potato mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface until ‘/,” thick.
- Cut out shapes with an upturned glass.
- Place on a well oiled baking tray.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven (180C) for 12 – 15 minutes until golden brown.