|By goGreen | September 28, 2011|
- 4 mugs milk
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 – 7 level tablespoons starch
PLACE THE BREAD TIN IN THE FREEZER BEFORE STARTING THE RECIPE.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan, stirring continuously to prevent the milk from burning on the bottom of the saucepan.
- Mix the sugar with a little water. Heat in a separate saucepan until all the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is like syrup. Stir the mixture continuously whilst heating to prevent the bottom from burning.
- Add a little hot milk to the sugar syrup. Gradually add the remainder of the milk and mix until all the sugar syrup has dissolved.
- Mix the starch with enough cold water to form a smooth paste.
- Add the starch paste to the sugar and milk mixture. Stir continuously to prevent any lumps forming.
- Beat the eggs together in a glass. Remove the saucepan from the stove and add the beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Heat the mixture for 4 -5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a pre – cooled bread tin.
- Place the dessert in a refrigerator for at least three hours before eating.